Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Call Me Crazy...I'd rather be at work!


OK....I have come to the conclusion that I am crazy. The guys in the white coats will be knocking on my door and using the above straight jacket and throwing me in the rubber room!


What do I say this you ask? Well, I actually think I have too much vacation from my job! Well, as you get up off the floor in disbelief, hear me out! ha!


I'm the kind of guy who, when I take a day off of work, I want to actually do something. I don't want to just sit at home and watch TV or stare at the wall. I think that is a big waste of time. A day off me means traveling somewhere interesting or going out and doing something fun or productive. I'm also not the guy who takes a vacation day to do work around the house. That can be done at night or on the weekend.


As the end of the year approaches, its time to figure out how much vacation time I have left and then figure out how I'm going to use it. Now, bear in mind, I use vacation time every year to go to the Badger Bowl game, a golf major (this year was the U.S. Open in Oakmont), and also a trip to Bristol for the spring NASCAR race! Oh, and also I used a chunk of days off to get married. All worthwhile things. With all that said, I still have a handfull of days to use up. It's tough for me to take days off this time of year because of obligations to our company's coverage of the Green Bay Packers, and high school sports. So with the clock ticking I just took today off....what for you ask? Just to use the day. And so far, here's what I got for my day off.....


Woke up, about 6:45am to listen to the Breakfast Club with Jerry St. John on News-Talk 1450 KFIZ. I'm usually a part of that show!...And I guess I was today as Jerry pulled out a clip of the me singing the "Good Morning Song" Great! There goes the ratings down the toilet! Then I got to thinking about how I'm going to have to makeup all of what I missed today, on Wednesday when I get back. I actually think about stopping in for a few minutes, but then, I think otherwise...that would require getting dressed.


Then comes about an hour of just laying in in bed, followed by 2 glorious hours of watching a DVD on the history of Verne Gagne's old AWA. Great stuff! After that....It's Internet surfing time until my lovely wife comes home from work! What a productive day!


In the old days, when I would take a day off with nothing to do, I'd pull out the old Playstation and go through a 12 hour marathon shift of NCAA Football. That aint happening today! Sometimes that takes more out of me that actually being at work!


Now what do I do, a blog for work....oh well, on Wednesday, when its time to get back in the grind and that alarm goes off at 4:30am...I'll probably wish I was on vacation again!


Vacation Days..."Use'em or Lose'em!" I guess I'll use them!


Oh...and if the boss is reading this......I won't be giving any of my vacation days back! Thank you very much!....hmm....I wonder how much I could sell my remaining few days to fellow employees for? I'll have to check the employee handbook to see if it's legal!


Again, bring on the White Coats....because I'm crazy for even thinking this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home