Wednesday, February 14, 2007

It's Been A While...

OK, I know it's been forever since I've posted something here and I'm sorry for that, and I promise to be here more regularly with fresh posts on the prep season and whatever from now now.

Here are a couple of quick hitters from the prep scene

1. Congratulations to WLA head girls basketball coach Kris Clausnitzer. She picked up career win #300 on Tuesday night with the Vikings win over Winneconne. In this day and age it seems like coaches can't hang in there long enough to reach such a milestone. Coach Clausnitzer is one that has "survived" the challenges of coaching this day and age.

2. It was good to catch up a bit with Waupun head boys coach Lucky Wurtz last Friday night when the Warrior took on WLA. Lucky is a good guy and a great coach. We don't get to cross paths as much any more since he moved from Laconia to Waupun. Lucky's team looks primed to make a run in the tournament that starts in a few weeks.

3. Give it up for the Fondy boys basketball team. For the 2nd time this year, they avenged a 30 point loss. Appleton West destroyed the Cards 75-44 back in early January and last night, the Cardinals picked up a 50-49 win. Fondy was very patient and forced West out of their zone defense by getting layups and open looks. Lets hope the Cardinals can use that win to get some momentum in the final two regular seasons games before the post season starts.

4. Back to football for a bit, Coach Koz at Fondy High let me know a few of his players are going to play football at the next level...forgive me if I forgot someone. He tells me that receiver Kyle Senn will go to Northern Michigan. Josh Korb will try out for UW-LaCrosse and Paul Shaver will attempt to play at UW-Oshkosh. If you know of anyone else in the area that is playing at the college level, please let me know. Wade@kfiz.com

5. Finally, I love goodies! It's starting to become a tradition at the game we are broadcasting that some nice people (You know who you are!) have decided to bring me some cookies or other bakery items! I really do appreciate it...as does my stomach. Thank you so much...it's very unneccessary......but if it continues...I'm not one to complain!

OK...again...I'll be back on a more regular basis!

Wade

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home