Monday, October 22, 2007

Yes Virginia...I have a dog....



The world must be coming to an end...hell must be freezing over...My taxes are being going down! I say this because one of the most unlikely things to ever occur has happened...I got a dog...well, my wife Crystal wanted a dog and I "agreed." So on Sunday, we added "Lucy" to our family, a 2 pound Yorkie that is just 12 weeks old. (see above picture)


I never thought, I'd have a dog, I never really wanted a dog, but I guess since marriage is a two-way street, and my bride wanted to dog in the worst way, so on Sunday we drove to Marian to added Lucy to the family.
Now there are catches to this whole situation.

#1 I've been allergic to animals my whole life. One look at a cat and my eye swell shut, I get around dogs and I sneeze so this should be a challenge.


#2 I'm not a fan of cleaning up after myself, so cleaning up after a dog, won't be the favorite thing in my world. I'm kind of a believer that I'm the dominant person in my house so I shouldn't be cleaning up my dogs poop....but here I am, hoping the little bugger doesn't leave mess on the carpet....I sat with it on this traning paper outside for like 30 minutes....and nothing! Then not two minutes into back in the house....there goes Lucy, taking care of businesson the carpet! Oh the huminty!


#3 I'm quickly finding out that Lucy now runs the show. Now I can tell you this, I felt like the worst person in the world today as I came home for lunch, and then took out Lucy....which she actually did what she does outside....then put per back in the kennell and she cryed so loud, I felt like I was the worst person on the face of the Earth....I guess others, who have had pets see this as old-hat and just part of the traning process, but it bothered me.


#4 This dog is small. As I said before, I'm freaking out that I'm going to get up one night or get off the couch and step on it. I already had a near miss on Sunday night. Lucy is always litterly on my heals wherever I go.


#5 Having the dog, means I can't be messy. Now that is going to be the hardest....gone are the days of throwing my clothes on the floor and just leaving magazines, books, and other objects around the house. Anything in Lucy's sights are either being chewed on, smelled..or God for bid...peed on...oh oh!


It's been about 24 hours since she's been here, and I'm already getting to enjoy her company though, and I haven't sneezed yet...so it actually might work out....The ladies at work told me that a dog, could me we put off having children for awhile, but others have said, that will lead to them quicker....we'll have to wait and see on that one!


All and all, I"m glad Lucy is now a part of the family.

.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home